Happy Shri Krishna Janmashtami to all…
Today I am going to tell you how to make Krishna Janmashtami Prasad, which is called as Sunthoda. This Prasad is mainly for the Yashoda ma but in my childhood I was thinking all prasad’s, which we are offering in Krishna Janmashtami is mended for Krishna Ji, One day I asked to my mom why we offer Sunthoda to a newborn Krishna Ji because it is little spicy and if we have these more than 2 tsp our ears become hot and red (by nature it is hot), that time I don’t know what is hot nature food and what is cooling nature foods. That time my mom explain to me it is not for Krishnaji, it is for his Mom Yashodaji, who gave us a baby Krishna Ji, so we need to take care of her also and offer her some great dry fruits and some hot spices which are good for her health. But now I know that all the dry fruits and species which we use in Sunthoda are by nature hot ingredients. So, let’s start making of Sunthoda Naivedya (offerings):
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Grated Dry Coconut – ¼ cup
- Chhuhara (chopped Dry Dates) – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 1 tbs
- Suntha (Dry Ginger Powder) – 2 tbs
- Khas Khas (Poppy seeds) – 2 tbs
- Badam (Almond) – 1 tbs
- Kaju (Cashew Nut) – 1 tbs
- Chironji (Charoli) – 1 tbs
- Jaiphal (Nutmeg Powder) – ¼ tsp
Your all the ingredients are ready to use first Take a pan, make sure you should do all roasting work in low flame. Now add poppy seeds make it light brown and keep aside. Now add Dry Dates keep low flame again and roast it till crisp. Now keep these also aside and add one by one Almond, Cashew nut, Charoli and roast it till becoming crisp keep this also aside. Add Ghee in a pan, after little worm adds Dry Ginger powder roast it fast, must not stick to the bottom. After done it brown, keep aside.
Now grind Poppy seeds, half Sugar and Nutmeg powder and keep aside, then take Dry Dates Coconut and remaining Sugar grind it fine. Add before ground powder with Dry Ginger powder and make final mixed powder in grinder. Take all powdered ingredients in one bowl and mix all remain dry fruits.
So, here is your Sunthoda, to offer on Krishna Janmashtami. Yes! With this, we also offer Shri Krishna’s favorite Butter and Sugar candy. I tell you Sunthoda is spicy but so tasty. Try this by tomorrow for Shri Krishna Janmashtami. Happy Krishna Janmashtami to all.
Amazon Business can give 200 % growth in sales. for details can check the link… https://amzn.to/3jBe5SF
Sunthoda Health Benefits:
- Poppy Seeds: Poppy Seeds are rich in antioxidants, disease-preventing, and health-promoting properties. . Poppy seeds help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
- Dry Ginger: Dry Ginger’s health benefits include relieving nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness, and pain. Good for weight loss diet then you must supplement ginger water.
- Almond: Almonds good for healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium, and vitamin E. The health benefits of almonds include lower blood sugar levels, reduced blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels. They can also reduce hunger and promote weight loss.
- Cashew Nut: Cashew Nut is rich in vitamin E and a good source of minerals, particularly magnesium and zinc. Good for skin and hair repair.
- Dry Coconut: Dry Coconut is used for skin dryness and flakiness and keeps it moisturized and supple. It also works on skin repair and damage. It eases a common skin condition, which is dry, rough and flaky skin.
- Ghee: Ghee is a good moisturizer to relieve dry complexions. Ghee also fights dryness and encourages the growth of thick, lustrous hair.
- Charoli: Charoli seeds a good source of protein. It is rich in fiber and vitamins, like, vitamins B1, B2 and C. High contents of phosphorus, iron, and calcium are also found in these seeds. Which supports nice for health repair.
- Dry Dates: Dry Dates are a good source of iron, calcium and other nutrients. Dry Dates helps in good bowel movement. Keeps the cardiovascular system healthy, boosts energy and Makes muscles strong.
- Sugar: Sugars (carbohydrates) are the first energy source in the body they are much faster to break down into energy than their protein and fat counterparts. We add sugar just for the energy.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg have ability to improve health, including to relieve pain, soothe indigestion, strengthen cognitive function, detoxify the body, boost skin health, alleviate oral conditions, reduce insomnia and give rest to the stressed body, increase immune system function, and prevent from anemia, and improve blood circulation.
Note: Excess of anything is not good for health. Taste this but in limit, it’s hot.