5 Health Benefits and 5 Uses of Lemon Peels
Hey, as per my last blog, I am back with my second blog and that is all about lemon zest.
Lemon peel is very low in calories while high in fiber,and vitamin C. It also contains several minerals.
5 Health Benefits Lemon Peels:
- Lemon peel has antibacterial properties that may block the growth of oral diseases.
- Lemon peel offers several antioxidants, including D-limonene and vitamin C, which protect your immune system.
- Lemon peel may have anti-fungal effects even against antibiotic-resistant strains. you can increase use to protect any wound from fungal infections.
- Lemon peel contains flavonoids and vitamin C, which may boost your immune system and protect your health from different types of diseases.
- Flavonoids and vitamin C in lemon peel may control heart health by lowering blood cholesterol levels.
5 Uses of Lemon Peels:
- Fill a jar with lemon peel and white vinegar, close the cap and let it sit for 4 to 5 weeks. Remove the peel and mix this solution with equal parts of water and use it as a cleaner.
- Place a few lemon peels inside your fridge or at the bottom of your trash can to absorb odors. This way lemon peel can work as a deodorizer.
- Take a white Rangoli and spread on the item you want to clean and scrub any stains using lemon peels rinse afterward. Remember to make it dry with cloth otherwise again you will find some dots on metal. Metal can be stainless steel, brass, copper, silver, etc…
- Take a pressure cooker to fill half with water and lemon peel and bring it to a boil to remove any mineral deposits. Let the water sit for an hour before rinsing. You can use this trick for kettles and pans also. It can clean all oil particles from your pan and make it like new and that to without hard work.
- Mix sugar, olive oil, and grounded lemon peel, then massage onto wet skin and rinse well once you’re done. Make sure you must not go out immediately after lemon scrubbing, otherwise your skin may get sunburn and in place of clear skin you find tan skin. You can also make a face mask with lemon peel mix rice flour, dry lemon peel powder, rose water (optional) and cold milk for the skin-cleansing mask. It can clear your dry and dead skin.
How to consume:
Use lemon zest or peel for baked items, salads, desserts, drinks or lemon peel flavored yogurt. Take a frozen lemon to crush it and have with salt with your daily meal and sprinkle it on your soups, drinks, dressings, and marinades. Dry peels make powder now mix them with salt and pepper for a homemade seasoning. Use adding fresh peel to hot tea or your favorite drinks.
Lemon peel can be consumed as fresh, dry powdered, frozen, dipped in sugar, dipped in vinegar, and as pickled. Verity of Lemon peels makes you add in your favorite dishes and makes you experiment with different dishes.
Categories: #Fruits and Flowers
Leave a Reply