Today, we are going to discuss Vitamin B12 Deficiency. Vitamin B12 is a highly essential part of our daily life. We must consume Vitamin B12 daily. Why? What if we are lacking Vitamin B12? How to know that we are having a deficiency of Vitamin B12?
No issues, I will share the Symptoms, Causes, and Home remedies for Vitamin B12 Deficiency. So, let’s start with the Symptoms:
- Numbness of extremities
- Fatigue, low energy
- Vertigo, imbalance
- Feeling darkness for a moment
- Body pain
- Often mouth ulcers
- Pale, yellowish face
- Yellow eyes
- Anorexia (Not feeling hungry)
- Weakness after a short walk
- Breathing discomfort after physical activity( but not chest pain)
- Short Memory.
If you are feeling these symptoms, including hands and feet numbness, then you may be suffering from Vitamin B12 Deficiency and need to give attention to your body. Please consult with your local Doctor, take medication as per advice, do followup regularly. Do some changes to your diet. First, we will try to understand why Vitamin B12 Deficiency happens with us?
Vitamin B12 is the energy of each cell of the body. So, this deficiency causes a lack of energy that dysfunction of per cell. Vitamin B12 nourishes our body cells of every organ, which gives it strength. Vitamin B12 activates and helps in cell activity.
Incurable anemia can be due to vitamin B12 deficiency. Vitamin B12 deficiency and iron deficiency symptoms are the same, but we misunderstood and start consuming iron supplements or iron-rich food. Due to the lack of absorption of hemoglobin, it doesn’t improve. Vitamin B12 is a must for the absorption in the stomach and intestine, which is very low, so the cause of less absorption of iron Vitamin B12 gives rise to anemia. Vitamin B12 may help to improve anemia. So, if there is an infection/ulcer in the intestine or any disease in the stomach also may cause Vitamin B12 deficiency.
This way, Vitamin B12 causes anemia in that hemoglobin and oxygen supply to each cell reduce, and the result is dysfunction.
- In the condition of Hypothyroidism, digestion becomes lower, and it may also cause Vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency can be a cause of the mental disorder. In the depression, medicines cause low metabolism, which results in Vitamin B12 deficiency. It again causes low moods, fatigue, and depression. The circulation goes on.
- Vitamin B12 is water-soluble and can not store for a long duration. So, it is a must to consume daily requirements from the food.
- Egg, meat, chicken are good sources of Vitamin B12, but after having non-veg also some people find Vitamin B12 Deficiency. Because with non-veg, if you consume alcohol, then you may detect Vitamin B12 deficiency. So, avoid alcohol.
- Few medicines side effects Vitamin B12 low absorption in the body, like, diabetes, depression, anxiety, some chronic diseases, stomach plus intestines dysfunction causing vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Regular use of antacid gives rise to Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Now, we will know about some home remedies. We can use Vitamin B12 in a daily diet plan.
Vitamin B12 Diet Plan:
- The veg diet also contains Vitamin B12 let’s know the details. Milk and milk products are rich in Vitamin B12. Cheese and paneer are very beneficial, but paneer extracted water contains more Vitamin B12 then paneer. So, don’t waste paneer water use it somehow in cooking.
- Curd is rich in Vitamin B12. So, in hypothyroidism use Curd with onion is the best combo. Uses of fresh homemade curd are more nutritious.
- Note: curd needs to consume ere or during the meal, and buttermilk must consume after the meal. Vitamin B12 is, water-soluble and buttermilk is rich in it.
- In anemia disease, lassi or buttermilk helps to improve the condition.
- Soy and almond are rich in Vitamin B12. You can add soy flour in your wheat flour. While making chapati, bread, puri, paratha, and many more dishes, you can add 50 g soy in one kg wheat flour.
- Milk is the best thing for vitamin B12 needs to add two almonds with it.
- Coconut is rich in vitamin B12, add coconut in your daily cooking. You can consume coconut water as well. You can eat row coconut but chew it well.
- Non-veg food also contains Vitamin B12, needs to avoid processed meat, oily and spicy foods.
- Do not eat junk food, fast food, preserved food.
Do morning exercises, do positive thinking this all will take you to better health. Avoid stress and strain. Remember, a healthy diet is essential to leave a healthy life. 🙂