Gooseberry Recipes – Part 1
As I said, I am back with lots of Awala recipes. Today is a Kids special section. A very natural and yummy dish for kids and you, it is very less time taking. In Indian villages, we use to find small kinds are always having Awala in their hands in the winter season with lots of verities it may be raw, candy, and jam. Let’s start with our Awala recipes:
- Awala Soaked: Take an airtight jar to add 1 ½ cup of water into it now mix 3 tsp of the salt within that and deep Awala as much as you can in that water and close the cap with the day 3, you can serve Awala. This is very healthy and tasty, including very helpful to manage the sodium in your body.
- Awala candy: Boil and peel all Awala, separate the seeds from Awala. Now to make the sugar syrup take a shallow pan to add ¼ cup of water, add ½ cup of sugar. After sugar melted entirely, add Awala buds into the syrup. Stir it well till dry, then remove Aamla from heat. After cooling, your Awala candy is ready to eat.
amazon.. Prime Day is back! Great Deals | New Launches | Blockbuster Entertainment
Remember all the heating work you have to do in a very low flame. If you want to make colorful candies, you can use edible colors, but I prefer to use natural colors like beetroot color. You need to add 2 to 3 slice of beetroot while making sugar syrup. Other steps will be the same as above.
- Awala Chutney Sweet: Take a pan to add 3 boiled seedless Awala. Mash all Awala while roasting in the pan and add 2 tsp Jaggery, ½ tsp roasted Cumin powder, ½ tsp Pink salt (as per the taste), ¼ tsp Red chili powder, and ½ tsp of Aamchur (optional) mix all the ingredients well. Roast well, till the mix becomes thick and well combined. Your Awala Chutney is ready to serve. Serve that after the cooling, otherwise, it may hurt kids.
- Awala Chutney Plain: Take raw seedless and chipped Awala add into the blender with ½ tsp roasted Cumin powder, ½ tsp Pink salt ( as per the taste), ¼ tsp Red chili powder (optional), Grind well and serve. So, plain and healthy chutney is ready to serve your kids will love this and ask for the next.
- Awala Gatagat: Amla Gatagat is a pretty famous and favorite Gatagat. Gatagat is a sort of candy that often used for a digestive problem. People with a weak digestive system may consume Awala Gatagat daily after meals for better digestion and improve overall health.
Amazon Business can give 200 % growth in sales. for details can check the link… https://amzn.to/3jBe5SF
It is also available in the market, but I prefer to make it at home. When the matter comes about our kids or old persons, we need to be more conscious about hygiene. Kids and old peoples quickly affected by outside food. So, let’s start making Awala Gatagat at home:
- Awala– 250g,
- Jaggery – 225g,
- Black Salt – ½ tsp,
- Normal Salt – ½ tsp,
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp,
- Dry Ginger Powder – 1 tsp,
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp,
- Roasted Ajwain Powder – ½ tsp,
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp,
- Aamchur Powder – ¼ cup,
- Sugar Powder – ¼ cup
Take 250g Awala rinse and dry it. Boil and remove seeds from it. Grind and make a smooth paste without water.Take a pan to add Awala paste and dry water, remember you need to maintain temperature very low while making the complete recipe.
After completely dry this paste add Jaggery, Black Salt, Normal Salt, Asafoetida, dry Ginger Powder, Roasted Cumin Powder, Roasted Ajwain Powder, Black Pepper Powder, plus Aamchur Powder mix all well dry fully must not have water, if the water content is there candy will spoil soon, let it cool. Take Sugar powder spread in a plate and take the mix and make small balls, roll that balls in sugar powder now see your small balls Gatagat is ready to eat. You can store these balls for a year.
Oh, God! this blog become so long. However, I have many recipes of Awala to share. So for the day, I am going to stop this blog here will see more in the next blogs, Till then enjoy reading and eating.