Nutty and Spicy – Spinach, Beetroot
Walnuts Beetroot Salad is a quick and simple salad that tastes wonderfully gourmet. That is balanced out by the dates and beetroot. Sometimes you can use the mustard sauce in place of your Cucumber and dates dressings. These salads taste like Nutty and spicy.
- Beetroots (peeled and steamed) – 2 small
- Chopped spinach leaves – 2 cups
- Ginger julienne – 1-inch Portion
- Walnuts (soaked and crushed) – 8 Piece
- Coconut (chopped) – ½ cup
- Avocado (chopped (optional)) – ½ Piece
- Pomegranates(Optional) – ½ cup
For the Dressing:
- Cucumber chopped – 1 cup
- Dates (seedless) – 8
- Coriander – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 ½ Tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ Tsp
Chop the steamed beetroot, add your steamed beetroot into a large mixing bowl, along with the spinach, ginger julienne, coconut, walnuts, avocado (optional), and Pomegranates (Optional). To prepare the Dressing; place all the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until it become smooth paste. Pour the dressing over your salad, toss well and serve with any light soup, I use to prefer horse gram and tomato soup. If you are interested to know, how to prepare the horse gram and tomato soup than please let me know in the comments I will love to share the recipe with you all and to know more about your interests in salads and soups.
Till then “be a foodie and be healthy”; yes, you read correctly “be a foodie and be healthy”. Its Diwali festival I remember that. Remember that eat what you want but remember start your day with a nutritious bowl and at the end of the day detox your body.
If you are not interested or if you don’t have time to prepare a dressing than you can also use the ready-made mustard sauce with few drops of apple cider and enjoy as other detox dishes.
- Spinach: Spinach is also known as an excellent source of vitamin K, A, C, and folic acid as well as being a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B. Spinach is rich in vitamins and folic acid, so it’s good for your body and especially good in making tobacco taste bad. Spinach can be eaten both raw or cooked. Spinach is compact nutrient leaf whether you eat it raw or cooked.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is high in Nutrients. Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many vital vitamins and minerals. Cucumber Contains Antioxidants, Aid in Weight Loss, Promotes Hydration, Lower Blood Sugar and it is very easy to add to your diet. Cucumbers are great for a flat stomach. This is because cucumber contains as more than 90% water content, which does not give you a bloating stomach and helps your body to cool down.
- Walnut: Walnuts content healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Walnuts have higher antioxidant activity. Walnut is rich in Omega 3. A hand full of walnut daily consumption can fulfill your daily Omega 3 requirement it is good for dry skin or any other skin problems, joint pain, and helpful in any other brain health problems. Walnut also boosts your immune systems.
- Beetroot: Beetroot also a very good anti-oxidant. Beetroot is helpful in some of the health problems such as; helpful in lower blood pressure, increase stamina while exercise, increase muscle power, slow dementia, helping to maintain a healthy weight.