Cardamom is a spice with slightly sweet flavor; cardamom origin is India but now a day it is available all over the world. Cardamom pods are spindle-shaped and it has triangular cross-sections filled with flavor seeds. We use cardamom in sweet and spicy both dishes. Cardamom nature is cool. We use to use this more in summer sweetmeats and in weddings sweet and spicy food in summer and most of the people do like that to enjoy in summer. Other session’s people may use mace, nutmeg, saffron, vanilla and so on…but in summer, like to use cardamom because cardamom is something different and soothing. Because of this different, cool and soothing nature, it is used as medicine from ancient time in India. Cardamom has detoxifying properties to effectively cool your body in peak summers. We can use Cardamom oil in place of cardamom seeds to enhance the flavor of many recipes. The minty flavor and savor of Cardamom has made it a popular ingredient in traditional Indian sweet, spicy dishes, teas and other cold and hot drinks.
Cardamom is good source of Iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium. Iron and magnesium helps to improve breathing by stimulating better oxygen uptake and relaxing air passage to the lungs. Too little potassium, calcium or magnesium can cure leg cramps. Diuretics medications also contain these minerals for high blood pressure.
Cardamom is rich in antioxidants. Whose body have low level of antioxidant in blood there body use to develop anxiety and mood disorder. Cardamom may help to control this problem. Antioxidants have been linked to lower blood pressure, as soon as you find you have hypertension problem just start consuming cardamom on daily basis in various ways. This will control your blood pressure. Cardamom has diuretics effects in your body, which will increase urine production in your body. This way cardamom is useful for water retention problem. Water retention problem may leave you swollen or puffy body. Start consuming cardamom daily this problem can sort out and you may feel you are losing your weight also. To improve your health, there may some cardamom foods or supplements can help. Weight loss also helps to reduce sugar problem. Cardamom is good to protect from high level of cholesterol. Cardamom may help to prevent from liver enlargement and reduce risk of fatty liver.
The antioxidant compounds in cardamom may help to protect cells from damage. It may help to prevent inflammation in your body. By consuming cardamom powder decreased liver inflammation which causes due to eating a high carbs and fat diet. Cardamom’s essential oils and extracts are effective in food poisoning and work as antibacterial also. Cardamom essential oil is good on fungal infections.
Cardamom is boon for eyesight, if your specs number is increasing fast than try to add cardamom in your daily diet. End of the article we will explain How to consume cardamom for eyesight problem.
Cardamom is used from the centuries for digestive problems, it can helpful to give relieve discomfort, nausea and vomiting problem, causes may differ but the medicine may same cardamom. Cardamom has naturally cooling quality because of this quality has the ability to cure ulcers, If you eat cardamom regularly after meals, it will help you to calm your ulcers.
People are using cardamom for bad breath from ancient time to till the date. Now make a habit to chew cardamom after every meal this will help you to keep clean your gums and protect from cavities and bad breath.
How to consume:
- Cardamom consumed in Kashmiri kahwah. A traditional beverage Kahwah consumed popularly in Kashmir in India, from where it spread to central Asia. Kahwah made with boiling green tea leaves with saffron strands, cinnamon bark, cardamom pods and occasionally Kashmiri roses. Generally served with sugar or honey and crushed nuts. This drink can protect from chilled weather and have a good source of antioxidant.
- Almond Milk, Saffron and Cardamom combination is a Sleep Tonic. Before bed must consume may make you sleep peacefully.
- In India mango, yogurt and cardamom lassi is not just a cold drink; even cardamom can cut down effect of mangoes hot nature, reduces bloating and flatulence. If you consume cardamom and yogurt with mango in summer session, this combo may protect you from summer side effects. Yes! Mangoes are so yummy and that’s why we can’t stop eating, don’t worry, eat cardamom and enjoy mango.
- You should include cardamom (elaichi) water in your diet or you can chew one cardamom at night before bed time and drink one glass of worm water over it. This how you can use it for weight loss, hair fall, glowing skin, sexual problem (no semen / diluted semen / sagginess in penis), and remove impotency, lack of sexual desire, cold and flu, throat infection in a healthy way.
- ½ tsp of cardamom and 1tsp of fennel seed powder consume at night with warm water daily, your eyesight will start improving.
So, in short A small cardamom can do a lot of great work, we are very fortunate that nature has blessed us with great gift.
How to Store:
You can store cardamom as whole or powder for both use air tight container. These precautions can keep your cardamom or cardamom powder fresh for little longer than usual. Whole cardamom can be store for a year but if you want to store powder than it will great to store only for 3 to 4 months.
Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Hari Elaichi, Elayachi, Choti Elaichi, Elakkai, Elakkay, Veldoda, Velchi, Vilayachi, Vilaichi, Elchi, Elchi Powder, Cardamom Powder, Ilaayachee, Cardamomo, Elaca, Kardemom, Elchee, Elchi, Kardamo, Cardamome, Kapulaga, Karudamon, Dilamom, Amomum, Buah Pelaga, Elam, Velachi, Kardamon, Krawan, Ilasama, Yalakulu.
Categories: #Fruits and Flowers